Thursday, October 2, 2014

Suspicions Confirmed

So, Tulsa BizPAC calls me in for a candidate interview.  First, I was surprised why they would even give me a chance to speak directly face-to-face to some of Tulsa's most esteemed business movers and shakers.  Tulsa World wouldn't even talk to me, before endorsing Bynum, even with the white elephant in the room.  After the initial shock, I indulged the situation.

My strategy was to generate some give and take debate on some controversial issues such as water in the River, off-street parking requirements, and form-based codes.  Predictably, QuikTrip's Mike Thornburgh jumped right in.

Some interesting insights and suspicions confirmed:

1)  Kaiser et al won't fund water in the River, without public tax;

2)  Pearl District Association over-reached on form-based code;

3)  I'm once again at least five years ahead of the curve.  Mike Neal likes to drive fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment